16.2.11

Giving an Ear to Those Answers

When YOU were born-God already knew WHO you’d become. (This may sound elementary, but stick with me.) HE knew who your parents would be, if you would be the first child, or the 4th. HE knew all these things way before you did. He also knows your gifts. Because HE has entrusted them to you. Now. Some things come naturally-we all have questions about our lives, and some of the answers are no-brainers. If somebody walks up and asks me a few questions about myself, I would probably be able to answer most of them. If they said, “Hey, Bri-are you musically inclined?” I would say, “Oh totally!”…but if they go onto ask…”So are you going to major at a music academy, go into recording, or public teaching? Which school do you want to go to?” I would make a face, and say ‘Uhhhh….’ Sure, its one of my giftings, but I don’t know if I want to pursue it professionally…yet…

Even if your far along in your Christian walk

Some of us know right off the bat what we want to do-and dive head on into pursuing the end of that goal. Others spend seemingly forever, going back and forth between different ideas…some even go to college for one, and then change their mind. Haven’t you ever met somebody who thinks of a new career every other week, based on their mood or what inspires them? I sure have. I’d say I’ve been known to do that, and would be the first to admit I really am still searching for my ‘Nitch’ in this world. I mean, give a girl a break-there’s so much out there!

So…somethings come naturally. We know the answers to a fair amount of questions about ourselves. And other questions…we sure wish we knew the answers. God didn’t (although I sure wish he did) write a book in the Bible, entitled, “Bri’s Answers to All Her Life Questions.” Wow. Now wouldn’t that be fabulous. But He didn’t. I think I know why. He wanted us to have to SEARCH after His will- to fill in the blanks to our questions. And most of the time, it will take more then a, “So Lord, what college should I apply for?” AS we fill out the paperwork applications. It takes time. And effort. And 9 out of 10-it takes us laying our desires at His feet. And THAT takes some humbling. And tears.

God is OVERLY faithful in answering you when you call out about the answers to questions. I know He is! If you ask any Christian-they SHOULD have more then one instance where they heard from God about a question they had. How are you hearing from Him? Are you 100% sure that when your hearing from Him-your own will isn’t trickling into the answer? Especially when it comes to tough decisions-schooling, college, jobs, relationships/friendships-we need to make SURE we’re right on. Sometimes God tells us to do stuff we never would have dreamed of, and we seriously don’t want to-and think the guy upstairs is crazy… But it has its rewards- and its important to listen. So hey-give an ear, bend a knee, and be sure all your life is in line with His. I’ll be working on it too.

Blessings,

Bri

11 comments:

  1. God changes plans sometimes before we can, so, yes in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see. In way or Would you rather not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll have to wait and see :) God doesn't direct us based on our opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im with you on the wait and see part. At least in a few areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know though, sometimes out opinion is gods plan. Meaning what our passion or what we think we are going to do is his will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Romans 8:28....Hm...you've given me something to think about. I'll get back about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright so here's my answer:

    I believe God gives us giftings and passions-and He means for us to pursue them-but under His guiding...and sometimes He calls us to completely give up our opinions, dreams, aspirations because He has something better-or to test our faith: like when He commanded Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. God will give so much peace when we're going after what He has for us, and uses us mightily through our passions. But we have to be willing to submit.
    That's my answer after thinking it through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would agree with that 100% but he also told Abraham directltly (like actual voice kind of thing) to do that. What I meant was that gods gifts to us (like strengths) are given to us so we can use them. Like I believe what I'm planning on doing, is gods will even though I didnt hear like a big voice. I've followed my strengths, prayed about it, and talked to my parents. I don't know if that makes sense. I'm kind of thinking out loud

    ReplyDelete