20.7.10

That is one large cliff.

Trusting God may be the hardest thing you’ll ever do. Some days it's like hurling yourself over a cliff, hoping by some magical force, there will be something to catch you. And that cliff is high…most likely with sharp rocks at the bottom…didn’t even think about the parachute as you climbed out of bed this morning…you would rather have a 'ho-hum' day if that's ok with God…etc.

I had an experience today that kind of reminded me of this constant struggle of trust.

As I leaned carefully over my little sisters 'science lab' I asked casually what she wanted to do today. She answers in pig latin, "cientistsay".
"ok...." I answered.
Gently tipping the chair I smiled as her eyes widen in amusement.
"Don't worry." I laugh.
"Cause you've got my blind-side, right?"
"Yeah..." I sniffed. "That's right.

The end
Sniff

Ok. If I am willing to watch my little sister, even when she’s in no danger at all (besides lab explosions) then how much more do you think God would watch over his children. The ones who He has kept under his wing for thousands of years. Why not trust ourselves with Him. After all, He’s the guide, and probably brought an extra parachute along for just such an occasion. God’s got our blindside and He won’t ever give you more then you can handle. That’s a promise.

Going to check on the ‘lab’,
~Stac

P.S.
Check out the movie, 'Blindside'...Very inspiring. =)

1 comment:

  1. So it is a really good thing you didn't have to watch me doing my labs, cause you prolly would have lost all your hair pulling it out... :P

    but yeah, definitely... every day, i am just becoming more and more aware of how mortal we are, and how immortal He is, and He watches over us not matter what we do...

    ReplyDelete